Monday, April 30, 2007

Feeling Nostalgic (Translation: Feeling Old-er)


Okay, I realize that Ed Grimley does not have anything to do with learning disabilities, but I was feeling nostalgic and he makes me laugh, so I added some random links to my side panel (I'm sure it has a more technical name than that, but I don't know what it is).

Actually, laughing is what made me miss poor Ed. I have a few students right now that are just hilarious and I usually share their taste in humor and movies, etc... It's been great to know that I have been able to tie most of my math, history and some English work into Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and/or Monty Python. So, when the one pulled his pants up above his belly button the other day and started walking around saying he was cool (as a joke I should add), I started cracking up because it totally reminded me of Ed Grimley. And, of course, when I mentioned that, they had absolutely no idea who I was talking about... I forget just how young these middle school kids really are!

Our school is quite small; we have a staff of 8 and when I asked the other staff I was realizing my age when only one other person recognized who I was talking about and that was only after she confused it with Walter Grimley, the Quaker Oats guy!

So, in recognition that I am "old" I am revisiting Ed Grimley and laughing it up - and now, as a teacher of students with learning disabilities and some of the "quirky' behaviors that includes I have to admit that I find Ed even funnier than I used to :). Enjoy!

No comments: